• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

10x Promaster and Frontier (1 Viewer)

Dare I leave a few pairs out overnight tonight to see what effect temperature has on each of them?

....with protection of course.

;)

Bag them and put them in the fridge. That'll take you down to mid 30s or so.

Bag them and put them in the freezer for a more wintery day simulation.

The bagging is just to reduce external condensation and icing.

I note that when Peter Dunne reviews a bin he sticks it in the freezer and then drops it in warm water as a leak test. He has also been known to both drop review bins onto hard surfaces and throw bins in a big arc onto soil surfaces. Not sure I want to try that with my bins though!

He has also been known to both drop review bins onto hard surfaces and throw bins in a big arc onto soil surfaces. Not sure I want to try that with my bins though!

Uh, yeah, I'll pass. ;)

As for the other two, I would not have a problem doing either though it is supposed to be fairly cold tomorrow night and Wednesday with wind chills down into the negative double digits. If that isn't a test then I don't know what is.

Uh, yeah, I'll pass. ;)

As for the other two, I would not have a problem doing either though it is supposed to be fairly cold tomorrow night and Wednesday with wind chills down into the negative double digits. If that isn't a test then I don't know what is.

So it's colder outside than in your freezer ... I do love temperate climates ;)

Tonight it isn't...well, maybe it is with this Nor-Easter going through. Tomorrow night it most certainly will be. I will prepare a setup to test just this issue.

They all have valid manufacturer's warranties though right?

;)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back