• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shenzhen Birding Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Barbets48

Hello,
My family and I will be staying in Shenzhen for a couple days in early December. I plan to join the WWF for a group walk to the Mai Po Wetlands in Hong Kong, which no doubt will have many birds. Besides that walk, I wondered what areas in Shenzhen might yield some interesting birds. Note that I will be traveling with family, so something that might be interesting or suitable with small children would be best. I was specifically wondering if the 红树林生态公园 would be a good place for birding, or if it is too visited by tourists for any birds to be around?

Any local/nearby parks that would be enjoyable for all and might hold some birds and migrants (even if they are common birds in Shenzhen)?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Michael

Last edited:
红树林生态公园 is quite good.
Shenzhen and HK share the same bay.So birds u see in Shenzhen are the same with those in MaiPo.
But if u miss some in MaiPo,then try them again in Shenzhen with maybe even better view.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back