• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Polaris Optics anyone? (1 Viewer)

kflan22

I noticed some binoculars on Amazon branded as Polaris Optics. They have some interesting models that look similar to the Celestron trailseekers and others that I can't quite pin point. Note their 8x32 pioneer model for $70 has quite a few positive reviews. Also their ED glass model the Sky View Ultra HD is priced at $170 and looks like a decent package.

I've never heard of the brand. Has anyone tried these yet?

if you order enough of them you can have any name you want put on them....if you don't have a rigorous quality control set up for your run they can pound them out like potato chips for next to nothing....these most likely have all the quality glass and coatings they say but almost no QC..Glass, coatings, and mechanics can also have known defects that were rejected buy a big name purchaser and instead of scrapping them used them in cheaper unknown brand .....that's why they can sell them so cheap....you will be the QC inspector.....if the one you get is defective send them back and if we are still in business we will send you another....

Last edited:
if the one you get is defective send them back and if we are still in business we will send you another....

Wow Gunny, you sound a bit cynical there. And here was me thinking you were a kind of optimistic Pollyanna kind of guy..... ;)

Lee

a guarantee is only as good as the company backing it....so for the most part I stick with the big boys or at least a company that's been around for 30yrs or so.....all these Johnny come lately nothing but Name sticker corporations touting the latest and greatest with a "forever warrantee" kind of put a twist in my gut....but hay that's just me.... give the new Maven, Polaris, or Tract a go....but I wont...I'm over 60 and know better...

Gunut.
I agree and think the same, although I might give a cheapie a try.

I mean do we really need ten or more companies selling 50mm monoculars all from the same place, same boxes, same specs and completely over the top quality statements. The claims in their adverts are hardly worth the paper they are printed on?

The ones that work are worth the 60 quid asked. The poor ones aren't.

The only interest I have in the Maven is that they sell an 11x45 WA. I want a 12x45 WA, but at a much lower price, maybe a Porro, but not made I think.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back