• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ipad (1 Viewer)

Gronk08

Hi

Well I have finally entered the modern age and gone and got myself a tablet a nice little I-pad mini.

I was just wondering if there are any apps or the like that are a must to have really in regards to either bird id guides or other gen apps.

Cheers

Tim.

I love my Sibley app (field guide with songs for N Am). There should be something similar for northern Europe, but not for all of Europe if I have understood correctly.

Dropbox. On a recent trip I had downloaded a number of songs from Xeno-canto into a folder on Dropbox, hit the little star that means that you can view/listen to the file offline, and was able to use the voices in the field. That trip was to Dominican Republic - there is a dedicated app for birds of Hispaniola that was very helpful

Kindle for ipad if you like reading on a device

Tripcase if you travel regularly: send the itinerary to them and it will appear on your ipad (most of that function also available in Dropbox)

Your favorite airline company app if you travel regularly.

That should at least get you started.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back