• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pour man camera (1 Viewer)

ROMANICHEL

Hello alls,
For years I have been taken photos of birds and wildlifes with surprising good result with a very basic Nikon Coolpix (18X) 27-486mm, it might take a little more patience, I might have to take more photos to have one good one, but for sure I enjoy my little camera, maybe one day I will upgrade to a higher quality Nikon but for the moment I am very happy with what I have,,
Any one else used a Coolpix or other small camera for birds photography ?
Mike

Last edited:
I am currently using the P600. Just got it and the weather here in New England has been awful so I have had very little time to field test. Friday I am heading down to Cape May NJ to really put the thing through its paces. Here is the thread I started for that camera.
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=281472
There are links to some of the pics I have posted on flickr.
Skean

I am currently using the P600. Just got it and the weather here in New England has been awful so I have had very little time to field test. Friday I am heading down to Cape May NJ to really put the thing through its paces. Here is the thread I started for that camera.
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=281472
There are links to some of the pics I have posted on flickr.
Skean
I have travel with my RV many time in your area, great for birding especially along the Cape May and Cape Cod coast, thanks for the links.
Mike

From Kodak!!! 087_2.JPG

From Kodak!!! 060_1.JPG

100_1567_1.JPGI have a little Kodak easyshare Z740. Only 5MP and 10X zoom. I keep it in my car and its got me out of a hole a number of times when my main camera has been left behind. And for maybe no good reason I love the little camera!
I will put up a few shots as examples. The Australasian Bitten I was only able to capture because I had the old Kodak!

Photo taken withh my P80 , also a test to dowload photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20140426_184316.jpg
    IMG_20140426_184316.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back