• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Otterspool sightings (1 Viewer)

billysiv

Hi I am a regular at Otterspool prom having just moved to live close by.
I will post what I see on here. So far nothing which could be counted as a rarity. Here is a list of speciesI've seen over this past few weeks.
Greater Back Backed Gull, Redshank, Turnstone, Teal, Shelduck, Buzzard, Ring necked Parakeet, Curlew, Oystercatcher, Guillemot, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Goldfinch,

Hi Billy - I've moved your post to the Merseyside forum and subscribed you to the thread so you can easily find it.

This is a better area to post your sightings, as it is more likely to be seen by the folks in the area.

Otterspool prom 03/11/16

A lone Turnstone and a small flock (20-30)of Redshank and a single Cormorant flying upstream but it was high tide, didn't get there early enough!

Otterspool prom 15/11/2016

Very calm conditions no wind and a nice sunset.
Oyster Catchers, a few Redshank on the mud and Cormorants flying up the estuary.

23/05/2017
Not much about today.
Song thrush on the grass at the end of Mersey Rd
5 house Martins landing on the estuary mud, collecting for nest building perhaps?
3 Shelduck at the far end of the prom opposite Cressington Esplanade
there were some waders on the distant exposed sandbank but without binocs no chance of ID.
A neighbour told me she watched a Dolphin in the river last week but I don't know if it was a dolphin a Porpoise sounds more likely.

Last edited:
24/05/2017
Another walk along Otterspool prom this afternoon. A very low tidethe river looked almost empty apart from a channel along each side.
3 Shelduck, 4, Carrion Crows, Black Headed gulls didn't count them, 2 House Martins.

Otterspool 02/07/17 13.30 hrs low tide hot and sunny with a breeze.
approx 60 Black Tailed Godwits, a few Herring and Black headed Gulls.

12/08/17 Otterspool prom
Quite a few Turnstone back today Lots of immature Black Headed Gulls and for the first time a sparkling white Common Gull on the grass.

01/11/2017
Otterspool at low tide lots of Turnstone a few Redshank and Oystercatcher and immature Black Headed Gulls. One Pied Wagtail flitting about among the stones on the beach. Lots of Oystercatcher on the exposed sand in the middle of the river.

09/01/2018 Just reviewing some old photographs taken 2016 on Otterspool of what I thought were the usual distant Redshanks and when I zoomed in and cropped realised it was a flock of Dunlin with a couple of Ringed Plovers which are a new species on my patch :)

My garden list Aigburth, Liverpool.

Blue Tit
Great Tit
Coal Tit
Long Tailed Tit
Goldfinch
Greenfinch
Chaffinch
Nuthatch
Robin
Blackbird
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Jay
Wren
Dunnock
Buzzard
Black Headed Gull
1000's Wood Pigeons
Stock Dove
Ringed Neck Parakeet
Not a single House Sparrow

Blue Tit
Great Tit
Coal Tit
Long Tailed Tit
Goldfinch
Greenfinch
Chaffinch
Nuthatch
Robin
Blackbird
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Jay
Wren
Dunnock
Buzzard
Black Headed Gull
1000's Wood Pigeons
Stock Dove
Ringed Neck Parakeet
Not a single House Sparrow
Bullfinch may 2018
Collared Dove may 2018
Greenfinch returned may 2018

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back