• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (2 Viewers)

I spend the whole morning at Munich zoo yesterday,the weather was fine and I
tried my chances with a species I never sketched before..
The crirticaly endangered Mhorr Gazelle.
After a couple of failed attempts, I've been rewarded with this ....

Paschalis

Attachments

• Kopie von Mhorr Gazelle.jpg
    Kopie von Mhorr Gazelle.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 192
I'm only just back from a short break so working through the threads may take some time - but I had to stop and applaud this piece; shining with light and life. Simply outstanding!

When I look at this thread I see, in abundance, superb technique, no little skill, application and an intimate knowledge of the subject. There's something else what I can't put my finger on, I think it's a certain gift though!

Stunning work

Russ

just spent time on your wonderful blog, you are truly a master of it all, but I think the raptors exceeded them all....so special that an artist like you is here so I can bask in the mastery you display

Thank you Colleen, thank you all!
Back from the zoo once again, and here it is the today's harvest!

Paschalis

Attachments

• Barn owl study.jpg
    Barn owl study.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Nyala.jpg
    Nyala.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Don't know what to say about these other than superb! What size do you typically work on these?

Hi Paschalis,
Great work. I was in Norway the last two weeks, painting with Wolfgang Weber and Jon Yule. I show them your bird guide (in German) that they liked so much. I think Wolfgang knows you and he talked wonders about you.
Congratulations

No birds to show or even mammals, but this time something else, a European chub from the Aquarium in Munich zoo, once again in black & white....

Attachments

• Aitel, Döbel.jpg
    Aitel, Döbel.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 149
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back