• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Excellent Service offered by Zeiss (UK) (1 Viewer)

gandytron

I found some dirt/fungus on the interal glass of my 7x42 FL's a few days ago and as was planning to visit the UK this week decided to ask Zeiss UK to undertake a service.

I bought the bins second hand 3 years ago, so was unsure about warranty.

I arrived in the UK last night and called Zeiss this morning, getting to speak to Gary who told me that if I bring the bins in, in person (which I planned to) then he may be able to do the cleaning on the spot. I also asked about getting the green (slightly discoloured) rubber armour replaced with black and he said that this would be no problem. He also told me that all this work would not incur any cost!!!!

I'll be taking the binoculars in next week, so will report back to let you know if things go as well as this all suggests.

All I can say is it seems like really first class service from Zeiss UK!

That is excellent service! Zeiss is definitely stepping up their service game. I love the 7x42 FL...probably my favorite bin of all time.

Took my binos into Zeiss's workshop today. Gary did the repair on the spot (new prism and changed rubber armour from green to black) and all covered by warranty even though the binoculars were bought second hand.

Outstanding service!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back