• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

finding eyepieces for my kowa TSN-4 (1 Viewer)

swamp_rattler

I just bought a Kowa TSN-4 with zoom eyepiece and am wondering where I could go to buy used/secondhand eyepieces...say, in the range of 25x or 30x or so fixed. Also, I've read the forums and have heard the kowa TSN 600/660 series eyepieces also fit these 77mm scopes...does anyone actually have any experience with such an eyepiece with the 77mm scope?
Thanks for any help,
Jared

Hello Jared,

This thread
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=29091
contains the information:

The TSE-21WD / TSE-14WD and TSE-17HD are usable for your TSN-3.
Our new eyepiece TSE-Z9B (20x-60x) Zoom also fits into your TSN-3.
I hope, I have answered your questions.

Best regards,
S. Ellinghoven
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Kowa Europe GmbH

Which indicates that the current eyepieces also fit the TSN-1/2/3/4

I have a TSE-14W eyepiece which is 30x wide angle. I use it with a TS-602 and a TSN-663 but it is marked on the barrel as 30x for diameter 66 or diameter 77 (the TSN1-4 range of scopes).

I don't have direct experience of using the TSE-14W with a 77mm Kowa but I'd be surprised if it din't fit/work in the light of the information directly from the Kowa Europe people. The fixed mag eyepieces have a lot, lot wider field of view than the zooms.

As for a source of supply of used eyepieces in the US, I'm afraid I can't help you. Do a Google on "used kowa eyepiece".

Regards,

Duncan.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back