• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stay-on case alternatives for ED82 (1 Viewer)

DutchSparrow

Hello,
I just bought myself a Nikon Fieldscope ED82 with 30x Wide DS. I am very happy with it, and have a 1 year warranty, but it came without a stay-on case or even rubber caps to protect the eyepiece and frontlens.

I wonder if someone knows a place where I can still buy the original stay-on case, or even better, someone who knows another stay-on case that fits as well.

Otherwise I will have to at least find a rubber cup with the exact size of the eyepiece because this part of glass sticks out and is easily damaged. The front lense has the suncover as protection.

You could try Sights of Nature c.q. Kite Optics (same company) in Belgium; they design and make stay-on cases for different brand telescopes.
Gijs van Ginkel

If you hear anything back, do you mind posting here please? Many others (myself included) would be interested to hear if they can provide an alternative.

Cheers

Couldn't Nikon help you out, with either a stay-on case or lens caps? The new Monarch Fieldscope looks *a lot* like the discontinued ED82... I wouldn't be surprised if its accessories also fit on the ED82.

Sights of Nature/Kite Optics replied, but told me they don't know if there is another case that would fit the ED82, and the only option is to try it in their store, but that's in Belgium.

Nikon told me they don't support their sport optics in the Netherlands, so their solution is that I send the whole scope to them, and then they will send it to Nikon Germany and then Nikon Germany will find the matching caps.....:C 3:) What the....

I find that stay-on cases get in the way of using my scopes, so I prefer to instead wrap the scope in McNett camo-form instead. The cap for the 82ED doesn't stay on very well (unlike the tighter-fit push-on cap for the 78ED) if it isn't held on by a case. Maybe get a screw-in cap as are made for some big telephoto lenses, make a press-on cap from the bottom of a plastic juice container (or similar), or fashion one with 3D printing.

--AP

Hi Matthew, i still have my old stay on case for the ED82a since i switched to a monarch ED82a. If you are interested, send me a PM and we'll figure something out.

Cheers,

David

Last edited:
Try Nikon UK..A few years ago ,I got a rubber eyecup from the DS eyepiece sent to Spain for free...They actually sent me two !..Very kind..Explain your situación with Nikon Netherlands

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back