• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Wales (1 Viewer)

WelshFalcon

Hi everyone,

I live in South Wales, near Llanelli. I am 34 yrs old and separated. Enjoy bird watching all over UK. Would be interested in chatting to people who would like a companion for day trips/weekend trips. I am not a twitcher!!

Hello

Hello,
welcome to the forums, hope you find something to interest you here.
I believe Mr wiggam hails from your part of the world? Im sure he'll be along later:t: feel free to post a pic in the Gallery, or open or answer a thread in the forums.

steve

Welcome to the Forum!

By the way, thanks for the plug Steve! Indeed I am from 'sunny' South Wales, and not far from you at all actually. Junction 48 area of the M4.

Look forward to receiving your posts on the Forum, and hope you have better birding luck than I do in this area!

:t:

I m not far from J 48 myself.
I usually go to Penclacwydd, Pembrey, Llyn Llech Owain, Lliw Valley reservoirs, Cwm Clydach RSPB and to places on the N. Gower like Whiteford Burrows.

Also its only hours run to be in the heart of the Pembs National Park....so there's plenty of opporunities not far away!

Welcome WelshFalcon, hope you like it here.

" its only hours run to be in the heart of the Pembs National Park"

I'm green with envy, stayed at Crosswell in Pembrokeshire in August, stunning area ,looking forward to going back soon as I can!

Dylan.

Glad you enjoyed Pembs Dylan.

So many good birdwatching sites in Pembs, espcially on he coast and the islands. Often go camping down that area. Hope you have a good time on your next visit.

It worth doing a boat trip out to Ramsay or Skomer ...but l time wathere, mead my mate went on a rigid inflatable boat round Skokholm and Skomer in the evening. saw housands o puffins, razorbills, guillemots, manx shearwayters, gannets. Als, seals, porpoises etc. was wonderful.

Pembs has so much diversity too, so lots of places to go.

Hi ya Welsh Falcon

Welcome to the forum.

I have just come across your hello posting and now I know where you are coming from. I hope you got the posting okay regarding Midland sites you could visit. Most of them are almost in a direct path for you on your visit to Leicester if you are coming from Ross on Wye. In fact some of them are close enough for you to go to for a day out. Knowing where you are you should try to get to grips with the Forest of Dean area near to Gloucester. This is on the western side of the river Severn. A good place to spend a day in.

Regards
John J

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back