• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BC2 Hide Clamp only - dimensions? (1 Viewer)

paddy7

I wondered if anyone knew the diameter of the BC2 hide clamp without the reducing sleeves? The Opticron info on the website doesn't mention this - only what it can be reduced to. The intended centre column is from a Viking TR100 tripod, which is around 28mm as far as i can tell.
Any info gratefully received!
Paddy

I would also be interested in this topic.

Also is it safe to clamp a carbon fibre centre column inside? As far as i know carbon is not as sturdy as aluminium. Does anyone have experience with carbon columns and hide clamps?

Sorry to not have answered sooner. The internal diameter is 34mm.

With a reducer in place it would be safe to use a carbon centre column.

HTH

Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back