• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The avian archipelago (1 Viewer)

Now if only the environmental holocaust happening over there could be halted, they'll be there for decades to come......

Now if only the environmental holocaust happening over there could be halted, they'll be there for decades to come......

I don't know what kind of info you are getting pertaining to your your comment "holocaust" which sounds exaggerated to me! yes, there are poaching, illegal logging, illegal wildlife trade, land conversion to industrial use which is a common problem world wide not just in this part of the world.

I just like to inform you that there are also many local and International organization here like the IUCN, WWF, Peregrine fund, Conservation International, Birdlife Intr'l, green peace etc..and the DENR Philippines who are trying to protect and save the environment.

People are very aware of what is happening to the world; the Climate change, global warming etc., many environmentalist and even ordinary people are doing their share to stop the further degradation of our natural resources.

I think it's not too late there is still hope! let us all do our share let's help encouraged people to protect and save the many species of flora and fauna that are endangered worldwide.

Last edited:
I don't know what kind of info you are getting pertaining to your your comment "holocaust" which sounds exaggerated to me! yes, there are poaching, illegal logging, illegal wildlife trade, land conversion to industrial use which is a common problem world wide not just in this part of the world.

I just like to inform you that there are also many local and International organization here like the IUCN, WWF, Peregrine fund, Conservation International, Birdlife Intr'l, green peace etc..and the DENR Philippines who are trying to protect and save the environment.

People are very aware of what is happening to the world; the Climate change, global warming etc., many environmentalist and even ordinary people are doing their share to stop the further degradation of our natural resources.

I think it's not too late there is still hope! let us all do our share let's help encouraged people to protect and save the many species of flora and fauna that are endangered worldwide.

Yes, there are a lot of people working hard at protecting the fantastic biodiversity of the Phillipines and birders should be encouraged to go there and support these efforts. I dont think its too late either but one cant deny that a great deal of Phillipine diversity is highly threatened and I think that is what he was referring to.

What is happening in the Phillipines (and Vietnam, Indonesia, coastal Brazil, and other areas with dense, growing populations of people) is what we can expect to occur in many areas of the world unless a more concerted effort is made to educate the public about the relationship between human population and the environment. Until this happens, I fear that many conservation efforts will continue to lose ground against a growing tide of people who will of course choose land for houses and crops (and who can blame them) over wildlife habitat no matter how endangered it is.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back