• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID: San Diego Zoo (1 Viewer)

jlin858

..... San Diego Zoo, that is.

Sorry, I know this may be somewhat inappropriate for this forum, since bird identification should be from their natural habitat, so I apologize for that.

But I did not know where else I could get information. Searching the internet for something like this is almost impossible (I've tried).

For some reason, there was absolutely no information inside the aviary, for these 2 birds that we saw. They had information for all the other birds that I took pictures of... with the exception of these 2. I also have no information on where they are from.

Does anybody know these 2 birds? Thank you!

Attachments

• DSC_4506.JPG
    DSC_4506.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_4555.JPG
    DSC_4555.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC_5156.JPG
    DSC_5156.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_5139.JPG
    DSC_5139.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Touraco, need further investigation of species, second is Wattled Lapwing

Thank you!

I have found exact names based on your info:

Schalow's Turaco (also found info referring to this bird as "Livingstone's" Turaco).
Second bird is White-Fronted Wattled Lapwing.

From the info I found, the Turaco is from the southern parts of Africa. Not sure where that Lapwing is from.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back