• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Day at Surrey Lake Park and Green Timbers (1 Viewer)

falconrosephotography

1 corvid short of a murder
First we stopped by Surrey Lake Park.

06-16-2013_SLP_RWBB_wm.jpg

Saw a red-winged blackbird just towards the entrance of the park. Handheld at 600mm.

06-16-2013_SLP_Juv_Eagle2_filtered_wm.jpg

Went in farther and saw two juvenile bald eagles at the nest location at SLP. After numerous photos standing wayyyyy off by the trail, we ventured on our way. There wasn't much other than the ducks. No wood ducks, just mallards (both an arrangement of female and male).

Later we went to Green Timbers and I pulled the 600mm out again.

06-16-2013_GTP_GBH_inflight_wm.jpg

Caught the Great Blue Heron in flight. I don't like the background, but the sky was clouded over.

06-16-2013_GTP_Mom%2526Pop_filtered_wm.jpg

Saw Mom & Pop over at Green Timbers as well and took the opportunity to take as many photos as I could of them.

06-16-2013_GTP_RWBB_inthegrass_filtered2_wm.jpg

RWBB rooting around in the grass at Green Timbers too.

Not much for a day out, but it was still worth going. I was hoping to catch a wood duck with the lens, but unfortunately no such opportunity presented itself. Oh well, maybe better luck next time.

Went out for 3 hours and tried handholding this beast of a lens. 3 hours makes 11.8 pounds EXTREMELY HEAVY!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back