• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Favour / tide prediction software (1 Viewer)

Stephen Dunstan

Would anybody with tide prediction software be able to tell me when the March spring tide is for the Blackpool / Fleetwood area. I would like to get some leave from work booked then and haven't been able to buy a tide table yet.

Also if anyone has tide prediction software I would be grateful to know what they think of the software they have, roughly how much it costs etc.

Regards,

Stephen.

Stephen Dunstan said:
Would anybody with tide prediction software be able to tell me when the March spring tide is for the Blackpool / Fleetwood area. I would like to get some leave from work booked then and haven't been able to buy a tide table yet.

Also if anyone has tide prediction software I would be grateful to know what they think of the software they have, roughly how much it costs etc.

Regards,

Stephen.
Googles such a useful tool. Try this:
Blackpool & Fleetwood Yacht Club, Liverpool tides

Stephen Dunstan said:
Christine,

You never got back to me about that goose pic - was it a different looking bird?

Regards,

Stephen.
No,Stephen,unfortunately I am unable to do any digiscoping when the weather is very cold,but in the group a few days ago there wasa very small goose which I thought may have been a Barnacle,but Fifebirder said that as only the tip of the beak was black it was highly unlikely,and again was most likely to be a cross/hybrid.
Christine.

This link to the BBC website gives the same UKHO information. IMHO it is rather easier to use because it is geographically based rather than alphabetically.

Gps

peteh said:
Hi Stephen

I used Belfield Tide plotter, it is about 10 pound
http://www.tideplotter.co.uk
Thats just reminded me I better get this years copy!!!
:)

(If you have a pocket pc the program includes a ppc version which is extremely handy.)
I have a Garmin GPS72 that computes and displays tides for any area in the States, and I believe that these units are programmed for the locale they are sold in. I may even have UK data lurking in mine. The GPS units, I have three, have been a good investment, I never need worry about losing track of direction and the swamps can be confusing to anyone. My Grandson carries one, and a small 3 watt GMRS transciever, it is the only way I can keep up with Him.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back