• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HD video of Philippine endemics with 5D2 (1 Viewer)

Hi Romy,

Thanks again for sharing more of your incredible video footage. I particularly enjoyed the clip of the Balicassiao bathing in the rain. Hope you didn't get too wet filming it!

Mike

Truly excellent. The kingfisher is magnificent in itself, but it is also pretty amazing to be able to see the legs and antennas of the ants that are crawling near the feet of the bird. This clip looks amazingly good despite compression artifacts which I suspect are mostly due to post-production processing to make it available on the web site. How much better is the original H.264 file from the camera?

Thanks everybody for viewing and the kind comments. :)

Truly excellent. The kingfisher is magnificent in itself, but it is also pretty amazing to be able to see the legs and antennas of the ants that are crawling near the feet of the bird. This clip looks amazingly good despite compression artifacts which I suspect are mostly due to post-production processing to make it available on the web site. How much better is the original H.264 file from the camera?

Yes, the compression artifacts (and loss of fine detail) are due to XR's transcoding. The original, already compressed *.wmv file uploaded is 177 MB (720p, 187 sec video), and XR displays it as 27.7 MB only.

The original 1080p footage, as well as the 177 MB 720P *.wmv file, are pixel-sharp in frames that were frozen by the slow shutter speed of the video.:)

Romy

Last edited:
Hi Romy,

Thanks again for sharing more of your incredible video footage. I particularly enjoyed the clip of the Balicassiao bathing in the rain. Hope you didn't get too wet filming it!

Mike

Hi Mike,

I was able to shoot from a make-shift shelter (a small tent used by park employees to shelter their motorbikes), hence no lens, DSLR nor birdnut was hurt during the filming. :)

Romy

I went back this time to see the kingfisher that just blows my mind absolutely perfect in full screen its awesome.

Well done Romy keep them coming, I am sure as video gets going on DSLR's we will see more.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back