Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 5th January 2017, 19:49   #1
fdokykcu

Problem with Pixel Oppilas UC1 wireless shutter on Oly OMD EM10

I've just received a Pixel Oppilas UC1 wireless shutter for Olympus via Amazon. It is made up of two pieces, a 2.4 GHz sensor which goes into the flash bracket and a wireless shutter, with a connection cable running from the sensor to the camera body. The unit is the same for several DLRS: is the connecting cable that changes to suit the camera brands. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CJ5TY...KNH883MYH2XGZB

It works ok (i.e. it shots when depressed) but the problem I have found is that as soon you plug the 9-pin end of the cable to the camera body both the LCD and the viewfinder go black. Of course, that makes the system unsuitable for digiscoping. That happens even if you just put plug the 9-pin end, even without setting the sensor in the flash bracket or connecting the other end of the cable to the sensor. Thats why I think is a problem of the cable, not of the unit.

Until now I was using a wire remote shutter release, which plugs in the same hub, without any problem (LCD and viewfinder ok)

I wonder if anybody suffered this problem or a similar one when using generic wireless shutters
https://www.flickr.com/photos/136473006@N08/albums
Old Monday 9th January 2017, 19:32   #2
fdokykcu

I answer to myself just in case anyone has a similar problem or doubt.

I ordered a new unit and I works properly on OMD EM10. The source of the problem turned out to be a broken/bad wired conneting cable in the original unit.

I'll post again after some use to report how it works for digiscoping
https://www.flickr.com/photos/136473006@N08/albums
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: