Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Sunday 26th June 2011, 19:22   #1
deltacornbread

Camera questions

I have recently purchased a Theron Mag 82 spotting scope. I am looking for a point and shoot camera to get started digiscopeing. Would like to keep price 200.00 dollars or less. Also want to stay as compact as possible as I will also carry camera with me bicycling. I have looked at a lot of cameras and am nothing less than confused on what to purchase.
Could I get some suggestions?
I own an older model Canon Powershot S3 IS. Takes good pictures, but want something lighter and smaller.
Old Monday 27th June 2011, 15:56   #2
Smithhill
Smith20

I like the little Lumix FH1 (FS10 name also) whigh weighs in at about 160 grams. It does not have priority settings, but takes care of its self just fine. The Omni Xtend-a-lens is a good solid aluminum universal adapter that provides 37mm female threads, but I do not know how you attach to you eyepiece. You should be able to find on for close to $100. Gene
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: