• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Autumnwatch 2016 to be broadcast live from RSPB reserve Arne (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I've just heard that Autumnwatch 2016 is being broadcast live from the RSPB reserve Arne in Dorset. Information also available on the RSPB reserve Arne webpage on the RSPB website.
Ian.

Thanks Ian. Autumnwatch starts Oct 24th apparently. I'm guessing the Sikas will be rutting then (I may be wrong of course) so we shall have that to put up with / enjoy.

Exactly a week before the debate on driven grouse shooting - I guess the BBC will feel too intimidated to mention either it or the persecution of raptors by shooting interests.

I've been looking at the red button channel programme guide from next Monday and from 12.00 pm and for 24 hours a day while Autumnwatch is on BBC 2 there's a programme called Autumnwatch in a Nutshell. I don't know what this new look named Autumnwatch programme is, but I hope it's the live webcams, otherwise I'll be very disappointed.
Ian.

I've been looking at the red button channel programme guide from next Monday and from 12.00 pm and for 24 hours a day while Autumnwatch is on BBC 2 there's a programme called Autumnwatch in a Nutshell. I don't know what this new look named Autumnwatch programme is, but I hope it's the live webcams, otherwise I'll be very disappointed.
Ian.

Hope its something similar to Extra with special guests etc.

I understand from today's Times that Martin Hughes - Games has been sacked as a main presenter because he is white and middle class. I think he was under used by the BBC and given an almost clown like role. He is equally as well qualified as Chris Packham in academic terms. Is this another BBC blunder?I think so.

I understand from today's Times that Martin Hughes - Games has been sacked as a main presenter because he is white and middle class. I think he was under used by the BBC and given an almost clown like role. He is equally as well qualified as Chris Packham in academic terms. Is this another BBC blunder?I think so.

Think he will only be on Autumnwatch & Winterwatch this year.

No thanks! Could be David Lindo or Liz Bonnen being lined up for a promotion from occasional field reporter
(hopefully it's not the latter.)

No thanks! Could be David Lindo or Liz Bonnen being lined up for a promotion from occasional field reporter
(hopefully it's not the latter.)

With you on that. Can't empathise with her - she's a cat person ;)

Mind you, I'm not that keen on him either - urban birding is basically rubbish: his line is essentially its better than nothing - which it may be if you live in a city, but its still rubbish, and not worth inflicting on normal people's limited TV viewing hours.

Although I suppose encouraging city folk to stay put can only be a good thing.... o:D

In the interests of being constructive rather than purely negative, I'd like to see either George McGavin or Mike Dilger.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back