• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A heads-up to Leica Televid-APO 65 /82 owners (1 Viewer)

G_Lintz

Over the last 4 or so years since I bought my televid 65 scope I have had to have the eyecup replaced 3 times, as the plastic tabs that connect with the indents on the 25-50 zoom eyepiece were loosening then breaking. Today I received another replacement from Leica UK, this is a modified version which has been strengthened - Leica have obviously realised there was a problem and changed the design to rectify this... Hope this post will help anyone else who has the same problem...

Thanks for this update. I've had my eyecup break twice for the same reason. It's a common fault. The original twist up eye cup really is of poor quality.

However , both times it has been fixed quickly and free of charge by Leica.

Over the last 4 or so years since I bought my televid 65 scope I have had to have the eyecup replaced 3 times, as the plastic tabs that connect with the indents on the 25-50 zoom eyepiece were loosening then breaking. Today I received another replacement from Leica UK, this is a modified version which has been strengthened - Leica have obviously realised there was a problem and changed the design to rectify this... Hope this post will help anyone else who has the same problem...
How did you get in touch with Leica to get the replacement twist eye cup for your APO televid? I phoned the mayfair shop and was given an email address for someone who works in customer services but have had no reply. Thanks in advance for advice.

How did you get in touch with Leica to get the replacement twist eye cup for your APO televid? I phoned the mayfair shop and was given an email address for someone who works in customer services but have had no reply. Thanks in advance for advice.

i just emailed the mayfair shop and they sorted a replacement or get intouch with the dealer you purchased it from

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back