• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Slc 7x42B - slightly different serial no. on binos and box (1 Viewer)

tuan

Hi all this is my first post.

I want advice about my Swaro 7x42B.

The serial number on the hinge is D721003147. However on the label on the box it is D721103147. Only 1 digit different.

I bought it 2nd hand on that online auction site.

Should it be just a typo on the label? Or indeed they have the binos in the wrong box? I think it is quite low chance that they put a wrong binos in the box, because the 2 numbers are identical except just 1 digit, but i am still a bit nervous.

I bought the binos because it says Swarobright on the label. The number on the label indicated production on the 11th week of 2002, while on the binos it is 10th week. That is 1 week earlier. In the bad case that i got the wrong binos, might the 1 week difference lead to me having a non-swarobright one (i.e they just started Swarobright on the 7x42 slc on the 11th week of 2002)?

I know it's very unlikely, but still want to hear your opinions. Thank you.

On optical performance the binos are wonderful.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1462552114772_1.jpg
    FB_IMG_1462552114772_1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 257
  • P_20160506_233003_1.jpg
    P_20160506_233003_1.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 250
Hi all this is my first post.

I want advice about my Swaro 7x42B.

The serial number on the hinge is D721003147. However on the label on the box it is D721103147. Only 1 digit different.

I bought it 2nd hand on that online auction site.

Should it be just a typo on the label? Or indeed they have the binos in the wrong box? I think it is quite low chance that they put a wrong binos in the box, because the 2 numbers are identical except just 1 digit, but i am still a bit nervous.

I bought the binos because it says Swarobright on the label. The number on the label indicated production on the 11th week of 2002, while on the binos it is 10th week. That is 1 week earlier. In the bad case that i got the wrong binos, might the 1 week difference lead to me having a non-swarobright one (i.e they just started Swarobright on the 7x42 slc on the 11th week of 2002)?

I know it's very unlikely, but still want to hear your opinions. Thank you.

On optical performance the binos are wonderful.

Hi Tuan!:hi:

Welcome to Bird Forum!

I would not worry about this. It was either made in the 10th week or the 11th week of the year. I don't think the coatings on the prisms used changed over the week end. There would probably have been a longer delay than one weekend for this kind of change.

I have a 7x42 SLC B binocular which was made in 2006. It is first rate. It is perfect for looking at birds in heavy foliage with its great depth of field!

Good luck with it and enjoy it!:t:

Bob

Last edited:
On one occasion, our shop received a new box / bino with different but very close serial #s. Swaro sent me a new label for the box. I check for these things but that might have gone unnoticed for 14 years.

Thanks, Ceasar and Proudpapa56.

Is there a contact email of Swarovski, where I can send an email to, with the serial number and they'll be able to tell me about the binos (e.g swarobright or not)?

I bought the binos from a seller in the US.

Thanks, Ceasar and Proudpapa56.

Is there a contact email of Swarovski, where I can send an email to, with the serial number and they'll be able to tell me about the binos (e.g swarobright or not)?

I bought the binos from a seller in the US.

Try this link for Swarovski of North America (SONA). It has a phone# and e-mail address. (If your binocular was registered with them they will have a record of it.) Of course you will have to give them the number on the binocular not on the box.;)

http://www.swarovskioptik.com/customer_service

Bob

Tuan:

Welcome to the Birdforum. Swarovski introduced Swarobright prism coatings in 2002 in the
full size SLC's. For the 8x30 SLC, 2003.

Your box shows Swarobright, so your 2002 model is included.

I hope you enjoy the binocular.

Jerry

Hi,

According to this forum and the industry... 7x does not sell. So this is only fictitious and not reality. No grind with the OP and welcome to the forum, but everyone everywhere everything says 7x does not sell so this cannot be reality...!!! This is impossible, 7x does not sell!!!

Please resume with your 8x... this must be a typo!!! :eek!:

CG

Last edited:
I have sent them an email but so far it has been silent for a week.

Tuan,

Swarovski of North America (SONA) may not have any information about your particular binocular if it was not registered in North America.

It is hard to find out where it was originally purchased from since you bought it from "that online auction site."

You may have to contact Swarovski headquarters in Europe for the information you want.

Bob

OK I finally got confirmation from Swarovski that my binos are with Swarobright.

But it was not a quick answer.

First I emailed Swaro North America and there was no reply.

Then I emailed Swaro Europe. I had to ask the same question 3 times.

First I asked if my binos with the inconsistent serial no. have Swarobright. They say don't worry, that was a mistake on the label, it does not affect warranty. Warranty is 30yrs from year of manufacture.

Then I responsed saying I am not asking about warranty, but about if my binos having Swarobright or not. This time they said both serial numbers (on binos and on box) have Swarotop and Swarodur.

I responded saying thanks, but I am not asking Swarotop and Swarodur, I am asking Swarobright. This time they finally say yes, both serial numbers have Swarobright, Swarotop and Swarodur.

So i have what i need: confirmation that my binos have Swarobright. More than that, now I know the binos have Swarotop and Swarodur as well. Goog news, isn't it?

OK I finally got confirmation from Swarovski that my binos are with Swarobright.

But it was not a quick answer.

First I emailed Swaro North America and there was no reply.

Then I emailed Swaro Europe. I had to ask the same question 3 times.

First I asked if my binos with the inconsistent serial no. have Swarobright. They say don't worry, that was a mistake on the label, it does not affect warranty. Warranty is 30yrs from year of manufacture.

Then I responsed saying I am not asking about warranty, but about if my binos having Swarobright or not. This time they said both serial numbers (on binos and on box) have Swarotop and Swarodur.

I responded saying thanks, but I am not asking Swarotop and Swarodur, I am asking Swarobright. This time they finally say yes, both serial numbers have Swarobright, Swarotop and Swarodur.

So i have what i need: confirmation that my binos have Swarobright. More than that, now I know the binos have Swarotop and Swarodur as well. Goog news, isn't it?

Tuan

It is good that you are patient and have a good sense of humour :-O
But in the end the news was indeed good.
Enjoy your bins

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back