• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bittell Reservoirs and Hopwood area (3 Viewers)

LOWER...

Green Sandpiper
2 Little Ringed Plover
2 Oystercatcher on right shore...coming closer.
Pair Grey Wagtail.

5 or 6 Buzzards in dead tree and over Redditch Road just up from Westmead. ...awesome watching them over the "valley" down to the resa.

Waited an hour at upper between 3 and 4 for Osprey, but to no avail. Had Oystercatcher fly over briefly, with chiffchaff blackcap and goldcrest in full song. Couldn't make out any waders on Lower at 2:30 with only binoculars at hand.

Lower ....2 sessions...

Green Sand
2 LRP's
2 Oystercatcher
2 Grey Wagtail
Kingfisher
Blackcap
Pied Wagtail - too many to keep track of.
2 Shoveller (which I called Tufteds (Doh)
BHG's and Large Gulls (LBB's ??)
2 pairs Gadwall
6 Buzzards
plus the usual Herons,Coot,Moorhen,Tufteds,LLT's,Blue and Great Tits, Pair Canada's.

No Swallow or Martins although Sands noted on Upper.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 70
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
...more..

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 81
...and More...

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 77
..and finally...

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 69
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 79
Oh forgot - this Muntjac was skulking on the bank near the white posts on Mill Shrub around 9am

Attachments

• Canon 2017 APRIL 2 058  a_filtered.jpg
    Canon 2017 APRIL 2 058 a_filtered.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 73
No oystercatchers currently and unable to locate the green sand. 2 little Ringed plovers still along with a solitary lapwing.

4.30pm - Green Sandpiper slowly making its way along the left shore, two Little Ringed Plovers way down on the right side where the gulls hang out.

As I drove away towards Barnt Green, something small and very yellow shot out of the woods on the left and away down the track behind the barrier on the sharp bend. I pulled up but couldn't locate whatever it was. Skylark singing from high up over the fields.

The hedge that runs away up the field from the gated entrance usually have the odd yellowhammer so maybe thats what it was.

Thanks both. That was my first thought, and I was keen to find it if so because I haven't seen one yet this year.

Josh - are those the horse fields up the hill from the causeway? I'll have a look up there next time I'm over if so.

Thanks both. That was my first thought, and I was keen to find it if so because I haven't seen one yet this year.

Josh - are those the horse fields up the hill from the causeway? I'll have a look up there next time I'm over if so.

Yes Rob, you should find the Yellowhammers around a small scaffolding kind of structure towards the end of the pathway heading to Upper. They've been feeding on the floor and have enabled close viewing recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back