• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

norfolk break (1 Viewer)

andm

my first visit to Norfolk, from 26th to 28th October, stayed in hunstanton, during drive there spotted a red kite, and 6- red legged partridge,visited rspb titchwell, rspb snettisham & holme dunes .all fantastic places to visit , the numbers of birds is amazing ,on arrival headed off to titchwell ,this reserve is a credit to the rspb, I got six new ticks here especially pleased with the shorelark, as this was one bird I had hoped to see, others were 8- avocet, 3- whooper swan, 1-red throated diver, 5- grey plover & 20+ brent geese, there were good numbers of bar & black tail godwits,golden plover, redshank, turnstone & sanderling , 16- pintail ,1-female red crested pochard, and many other species .another highlight on the reserve I had on second late afternoon visit was to see five marsh harrier and a female hen harrier all gliding in close vicinity of each other, visit to holme was a windy day but sunny, saw 3- juvenile gannet ,1-female eider & lots of turnstone & sanderling, also saw two common seal ,one came on to beach for a few minutes then shuffled back to sea , first time ive seen a wild seal out of water . on morning before heading home we went to snettisham, another windy day, another tick here 100s of knot , other birds in good numbers were oystercatcher, dunlin,curlew, grey & golden plover,redshank, ringed plover , brent geese & shelduck on leaving reserve saw two brown hare, no mega rarities but all good fun :t:

it was a great thing to see wolfbirder, I have only seen a female marsh harrier and just recently a male hen harrier before now so well pleased , as two of the five were male,

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back