• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Central & Northern Italy, May 2013 (1 Viewer)

J Jones

Hi all,

I had a fantastic long weekend in Italy with Dan Pointon back in early May - Brown Bear and Rock Partridge the highlights in Abruzzi with plenty of quality back-up such as Collared Flycatchers etc.

Up in the north, highlights were all of the Category C species round Milan - I've gone in to considerable detail explaining how to find species such as Northern Bobwhite and Red-billed Leiothrix at sites away from their better-known haunts. Nutcrackers were a great way to round the trip off in the southernmost reaches of the Alps.

The full, illustrated report can be read and downloaded on my blog. Hope it helps to plan a trip out there! Abruzzo especially left a lasting impression - wonderful area.

http://joshrjones.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/italy-trip-report-may-2013.html

Cheers,
Josh

Availability of free PDF-Version of Trip Report?

I would appreciate to have a pdf version of the trip report! However, I don't get free access via Scribd. Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
MSC

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back