• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leupold 6x30 and Eagle Optics 6x32 (1 Viewer)

eetundra

Has and one of us here had the opportunity to look at each of them on the same occasion? The Leupold is cheaper though the Eagle Optics is more compact and focusses much nearer, though I am not sure I need that extreme ability. Anyone?

I never look at any 6x (7x would be my limit), but the 8x32 Eagle Optics impressed me, so the 6x is probably of equal quality.

eetundra said:
Has and one of us here had the opportunity to look at each of them on the same occasion? The Leupold is cheaper though the Eagle Optics is more compact and focusses much nearer, though I am not sure I need that extreme ability. Anyone?

I have not looked at the Leupold, though here it consistently gets rave reviews. However, I have two 6X32 from Eagle Optics, bought the the Platinum Rangers when they went on clearance for $159. At first I was skeptical using a 6X, but now I believe they have moments when they come in handy. Watching a couple of red tails yesterday, I was actually able to see more detail than with my 8X because I was able to hold them so steady and they are so bright! My 8 year old loves his - the wide field of view, close focus, ergonomics, and solid build quality including fully coated optics & waterproof. Someone in these forums recently called it the best deal on any 6X around, and after using them, I agree.

ditto, they are excellent bins for the price. it depends if you will like them when you try them or not and if they will suit your birding needs...they work for me

eetundra said:

EETundra,
On April 26, 2006 I reported on the new Leupold 6 x 30 in this Leupold Forum. See thread #9. In the report I compared it with my 6 x 32 Eagle Ranger Platinum roof prism. You might find answers to your questions there.

Cordially,
Bob
:scribe:

ceasar said:
EETundra,
On April 26, 2006 I reported on the new Leupold 6 x 30 in this Leupold Forum. See thread #9. In the report I compared it with my 6 x 32 Eagle Ranger Platinum roof prism. You might find answers to your questions there.

Cordially,
Bob
:scribe:

Thank you ceasar.

I ordered a pair of the Eagle Optics Ranger Platium 6x32s and have to say they are the very best compact binoculars I've ever owned! At only $159.99, which includes shipping, they're a bargain! Water proof, phase coated, BK-4s, fully multi-coated, wide field of view, and a lifetime warranty! I could not believe how clear and bright they are. It's the best 160 bucks I ever spent on a bino.

foxbo said:
I ordered a pair of the Eagle Optics Ranger Platium 6x32s and have to say they are the very best compact binoculars I've ever owned! At only $159.99, which includes shipping, they're a bargain! Water proof, phase coated, BK-4s, fully multi-coated, wide field of view, and a lifetime warranty! I could not believe how clear and bright they are. It's the best 160 bucks I ever spent on a bino.

As stated earlier, I agree with foxbo as well. I bought a pair for my son, and was so impressed, I bought a second pair for myself. RUGGED, solid build quality, a great glass indeed! I can't believe but I'm actually enjoying moving from 10 and 8X to 6X. 6X may not be for everyone, (or even most), but I find the view is so stable, it enables me to actually catch details that I wouldn't have otherwise. It also enables me to track birds in flight very easily.

The 8x EO version is near the top for my list of affordable 8x binoculars. I have been hauling around some porros with a slightly bigger fov, but they weigh a lot more. The price of the 8x is a bit more than the 6x, so for a kid binocular, you have to consider them losing the pair, if they are on their own. 100 dollars is abotu the right price for the average kid. So there the Yosemite seems attractive.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back