• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shore birds in NJ (1 Viewer)

xyz99

United States
Hope you can help with the Yellowlegs (common? lesser? not the same bird) and an ID for the little guy.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9129-2.jpg
    IMG_9129-2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_9081-2.jpg
    IMG_9081-2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9093-2.jpg
    IMG_9093-2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 76
Hope I'm not asking too much - please educate me: why is this one "unambiguous"? How can you tell?

Thanks

Just meant the Greater Yellowlegs are unambiguous on account of the stonking great bills, not smaller billed individuals inviting pages of debate with Lesserlegs for once. I'm not sure about the other. Never seen a Least Sand lol. Think that's what it is though

Jan

That's cool xyz99, I've been birding for 20 years and I still love the ID posts to learn from :) Not many things in life that you hit a point where you can't learn any more!

Jan

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back