• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RSPB Harrier ED 80 (1 Viewer)

DoghouseRiley

Might be able to get a good deal on this scope but cannot find any reviews. Has anyone here used the scope and any feedback would be welcome.
I think it is RSPB's new scope by Viking but not sure.
Yours, Gareth

Come on guys. Someone out there must have one? Any review around. I cannot find anything about this scope other than Viking and RSPB blurb.

Hi Gareth

This is a mid range scope for the RSPB fitting in between the starter Avocets and the HD model.

It's a decent enough performer at the price and has the flexibility of the fixed eyepiece as well as a standard type 3x ratio zoom.

It will depend on how good a deal you can get as to whether you think it is a good buy.

Technically despite the ed glass it does show some CA and though I have not tested multiple samples, of the two I have neither showed a good artificial star test pattern though this seems par for budget scopes (though Kimmo has apparently seen some good Opticron scope specimens).

Hope this helps somehow...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back