• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Attack!! (1 Viewer)

BirdGal

Just a Fledgling
Off and on during the last week while I've been at work something or things have been eating everything in the ground feeders at my feeding station. Yesterday, everything was gone-- shells, seed, everything. I filled them again and today same story. I talked to my neighbors and they said a black cloud of Red Winged Blackbirds descended on their yard this afternoon and they chased them off. Apparently after that, they made themselves at home in my yard. |8.|

I guess I will be leaving the ground feeders empty for a few days and see if they'll give up. . what else can I do? :-C

Gosh, I would love to have Red-winged blackbirds in my yard. What an amazing sight it has always been to see such tremendous flocks of birds migrating. And to have them land right in your yard! Wow.
I wouldn't worry. They will pass on through.
They are probably just storing up a bit of energy for the last leg of their journey.

best
Elizabeth

I agree. Send them my way! I never mind burning through pounds of feed a day so long as it's ending up in a birds belly.

-Craig

Good points. . :) I think the most frustrating part for me is not getting to see them since I'm at work all day. . I'm going to put seed back out tomorrow and sit back and watch since I have the day off. I miss my birds!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back