• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrowhawk Eye size and Nape patterns. (1 Viewer)

Many thanks Chris and Tom for I.D.ing the sparrowhawk with kestrel.
I'm attaching a couple of pics of a male sparrowhawk which i took some years ago.
I t stole one of my sparrows and flew across the field. I tracked it down and found it in the middle of a hedge looking very guilty!
Thought the shots might be good for your measuring task. Sorry I have not time to get involved with the project.
Thanks again , Bob

Attachments

• IMG_2022_cr2.jpg
    IMG_2022_cr2.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2027_cr2.jpg
    IMG_2027_cr2.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 165
A couple of nice head shots, Bob. You did well to find it - I know all the spots they favour in my trees, but I often can't find them until they move... and my garden is only 20ft*20ft, so it's not as if they're far away.

Oh, and it may have" looked guilty", but I guarantee it never felt guilty ;)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back