• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Iberian Lynx (1 Viewer)

Alvaro Peral

Spain
The iberian lynx is the world's most endangered feline. I had a great encounter with two of them last week and would like to illustrate a few facts about them:

The main population wanders in a terrific example of mediterranean forest well preserved, where ancient holm oaks form dehesas, surrounded by the Jándula river. The name: Sierra de Andújar Natural Park.

The Iberlince project has literally saved them from extinction. We've passed from 100 to over 500 individuals now. What a productive effort despite the numerous car hits, congratulations!

We were standing on a track at some 80 yards from them. I must point out that surrounding me there was quite a few photographers enjoying this great sight of the courthsip of the lynx. Most of them were respectful, some others tried to get too close and we had to let them know that wasn't appropriate.

Waiting for a Lynx to show up usually brings great spanish specialities in front of you, such as Spanish imperial eagle (in the picture), Black vulture and Iberian (azure-winged) magpie. Not bad!

Attachments

• linces ibericos.jpg
    linces ibericos.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 64
  • linces ibericos 2.jpg
    linces ibericos 2.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Águila-imperial-Andújar.jpg
    Águila-imperial-Andújar.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 53
  • ciervo andujar.jpg
    ciervo andujar.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 45
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back