• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon A95 question (1 Viewer)

John P

Usually on a different wavelength
I've found out how to save the camera settings from the handbook and also from info on here, but is it possible to keep the settings for more than one mode?

So far I've only been able to keep one set of settings, if I try to save something for a different mode I lose what I've already saved.

John P said:
I've found out how to save the camera settings from the handbook and also from info on here, but is it possible to keep the settings for more than one mode?

So far I've only been able to keep one set of settings, if I try to save something for a different mode I lose what I've already saved.

Hi John
Not sure if i've got your gist on this one but the A95 is geared to save your favourite settings to mode C, (it will also save the settings in the mode you made them in, e.g. AV, or the other manual/semi-manual modes).
The scene modes are very restricted in making alterations - that is their purpose I suppose.
Perhaps the best approach is to save your most frequently used settings to mode C and use the other manual/semi-manual modes for the different settings you require and just use the mode dial to switch between them.

john-henry

This seems quite difficult to explain, but basically as I said in my first post I've only been able to maintain one set of saved settings for one mode, not one set of saved settings for each of P, Av, Tv, M , it's probably something that I'm doing wrong but I can't figure out what.

If I put the camera in P and save the settings,then turn the camera off and change to C and turn the camera on again I do get the saved settings.

However if I then save settings for Av I am unable to return to the saved settings for P, when I switch to P my settings for that mode are gone, but the Av settings are saved.

There's only one Save option as far as I can tell, John - there isn't any way that I can see, of saving multiple sets of user preferences.

OK, thanks Keith, the handbook seems to imply that you can save settings for different modes but I couldn't find a way of scrolling between them.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back