• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oi! Leave my fish alone! (1 Viewer)

Pam_m

A regular visitor these last couple of weeks! A good job my fish pond is netted over;)

Attachments

• P1140991.jpg
    P1140991.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 45
  • P1140997.jpg
    P1140997.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 36
  • P1150006.jpg
    P1150006.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 34
WOW......stunning pics Pam!!
Don't they look out of place sat on a hedge or a roof top?
It certainly is a good job your pond is netted.....he looks like he's eyeing up his next meal!:eek!:

What a fantastic visitor to your garden Pam!
Brilliant pictures too :t:
Lovely to see in so much detail
Thanks
Tony

Hi Pam
Now then what happened to share and share alike LOL
Super pictures, I'd love to have him in my garden, but then I don't have any fish to tempt them..
George

Last edited:
Oh wow what a visitor!! Great pics Pam, he looks huge.
It's surprising that he keeps returning if he can't actually get to the fish, they must look very tempting to him!

A handsome chap indeed, Pam! I had one on the garage roof about this time last year, he looked totally out of place! Also, I don't have a pond for him to investigate, so that's possibly why he's not bothered to come back.

Hi Pam.
What cracking pics. Please keep it down your way, my pond isn't netted, and I've got one heck of a feast in there should one of your 'pals' come along.

All the best
Baz.

Thank you all for your very kind comments. My neighbour also has a fish pond so the Heron tries it's luck in both gardens! I have been trying to capture it (on film;)) for a few days now! They are so eagle eyed though, the slightest move from me and it is off! Usually it is chased off by the crows!o:D

What fantastic photos Pam! Never seen one so close up, 'cos as you say they soon spot you! He sure has got your fish in his sights hasn't he? in the first photo he looks determined to nab one, and in the last photo he looks right cheesed off!!

Oh my word! What superb pictures! The only chance I ever would have got of seeing a Heron in my garden was the Christmas before last, I think it was. But I was the only member of the family not to see it, being otherwise engaged in the small room.

I had one on my roof once.Half the neighbours thought it was a Stork. that got 'em going a bit.lol

maurice
P.S.-Should it be KOI leave my fish alone?

Last edited:
I had one on my roof once.Half the neighbours thought it was a Stork. that got 'em going a bit.lol

maurice
P.S.-Should it be KOI leave my fish alone?

Thanks Judo, Reneé, Maurice and kits.

It is great to see a different bird in my garden even if it is after my fish!;)

How funny,Maurice!:clap:I wish I had thought of that title as I do have Ghost Koi in the pond!:t:

Hi Pam,
I'm so sorry to be late posting, goodness knows how I missed your thread, I must be going "doodle alley"! lol!
Anyway, better late than never.

I think November is the "cheeky month" for Herons! My flyover Heron, seems to pass over twice a day in Nov. A couple of days ago I found him perched on the swing in my garden!!
Thank goodness my wildlife pond is fish free, I think he checks it out just in case!
Your pics are great Pam, well caught! :t:

Hi Pam,
I'm so sorry to be late posting, goodness knows how I missed your thread, I must be going "doodle alley"! lol!
Anyway, better late than never.

I think November is the "cheeky month" for Herons! My flyover Heron, seems to pass over twice a day in Nov. A couple of days ago I found him perched on the swing in my garden!!
Thank goodness my wildlife pond is fish free, I think he checks it out just in case!
Your pics are great Pam, well caught! :t:

That makes 2 of us then, Pie.:-O

It certainly does seem to be a "cheeky month" for the Herons! I hardly saw one throughout our so called Summer!

Did you give yours a gentle push on the swing, Pie!;) You should have been prepared like me and had your camera ready for action,:-O I take it you weren't a Brownie or Girl Guide either3:)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back