• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

An average day here in Michigan (1 Viewer)

prairiemerlin

registered guy
I went out in my yard this morning. There wasn't anything unusual around, just the regulars like Cardinals and Robins. Here's what I saw during a short time in my yard:
Chipping Sparrow - 1
Northern Cardinal - 3
American Robin - 2
Golden-Crowned Kinglet - 1
House Sparrow - 5
American Goldfinch - 6
Red-Bellied Woodpecker - 1
Belted Kingfisher - 1 (heard)
Brown-Headed Cowbird - 3
Yellow-Rumped Warbler - 1 (heard)
Cooper's Hawk - 1
Common Grackle - 3

Awhile later we went to Douglas-Evans Nature Preserve, which is about a five minute's drive from my house. I saw:
Wood Duck - 2
Mallard - 4
Song Sparrow - 7
Eastern Phoebe - 1
Blue Jay - 2
American Robin - 2
Ring-Billed Gull - 1 (flying over)
Carolina Wren - 1 (heard)

The sky is completly overcast, and it is about 60 degrees. No wind, and it is muggy and drizzily.

Later this afternoon we went on a bike ride at Prud Lake Recreation Area. Not that many birds, probably because we were there in the afternoon. I did see a Pine Warbler, only the fourth one I've ever seen. There were also Red-Breasted Nuthatches, Mallards, Canada Geese, Song, Swamp, Chipping, and Field Sparrows, and Red-Winged Blackbirds.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back