• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New line of Meopro's (1 Viewer)

I think Meopta need to clean up their line up a bit. I [and others] are continuously confused and perplexed by model naming, numbering and badging.

Maybe it is just me though.....:-O

Too expensive in my opinion. There are other great ED bins for less < $500

Hard to call without trying.

Looks like the stage is being set for a 3 tier offering of binoculars.

I'm happy to see this one change. The art deco appearance of the old model along with the gold diopter adjustment did nothing for me.

I had the 6.5x for a while and thought it was a fine binocular but eventually let it go in favor of 7 and 8x.

Anyone care to gurss what a 3rd binocular offering might be called... Meo???

CG

Last edited:
Hard to call without trying.

Looks like the stage is being set for a 3 tier offering of binoculars.

I'm happy to see this one change. The art deco appearance of the old model along with the gold diopter adjustment did nothing for me.

I had the 6.5x for a while and thought it was a fine binocular but eventually let it go in favor of 7 and 8x.

Anyone care to gurss what a 3rd binocular offering might be called... Meo???

CG

If they are low-priced entry level bins, probably Meolow. ;)

<B>

Another potentially sharp edge for you Brock?

I look forward to the day when we get together so you can try my Sightrons to see if it really would be the case. :)

Frank,

I do prefer thin ring, shallow eyecups with beveled edges like the eyecups on the 8x30 M7 and on Swaros. The eyecups on the new Meopros appear to be almost as wide as the objective diameter, and they are also quite deep. The SE and EII eyecups have the same diameter, in fact, the SE eyecups fit on the EII and vice versa, but the EII's shorter eyecups are more comfortable for my face.

Brock

Hmmm...

Do you think the Meopro HD will use the same glass as the Euro HD????

Maybe.

Meomy... what you're gonna say when you look through the new, yet to be announced, meopta top of the line binocular.

CG

Any idea when these will be available?

Two weeks.

Seriously I don't know, best thing would be to email someone like cameraland.

As far as price goes don't the 8x32 euros retail for about 700-800 and the meopro 8xs 400? They are probably figuring this will be about 550-600 retail so right in the middle of those offerings.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back