• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sigma Price Increase!! (1 Viewer)

markgriff

markgriff
Does anyone know the reason for the huge increase in the price of some of Sigma's lenses?

I had been saving up to purchase the 300-800mm lens which at the end of last year you could pick up for around £4,000.

However, I have just noticed that they have now increased the price of this by a whopping amount and are now priced at over £7,000!!

This seems to be the case for all of their big lenses and I can only see that they have effectively priced out the average photographer........:-C

All camera/optical kit is shooting up in price and I think that's due to the exchange rates, energy costs and other factors to do with the recession. The high-end lenses seem particularly hard hit, seeing some huge price hikes (as you've found).

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back