• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tony Hart R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

Keith Dickinson

Opus Editor
Greatly saddened today to hear of Tony's passing. I know he wasn't a wildlife artist but who amongst the younger UK artists cannot say that he inspired them, just a little bit. I know he did me and I realised my limitations very quickly, a reasonable level of red-green colour vision defect puts paid to mixing paint!
Vision On was a must see in the 60's, just to see Tony transform a blank sheet into a piece of art in seconds....
His website

Last edited:
That is sad news,i remember well the gallery on vision on and his massive pictures with everyday objects on a field or carpark.

Yes, very sad hearing his passing. Used to really enjoy his programmes when I was much younger. I'm sure I once sent a picture in but It was never shown.

I used to enjoy the exploits of Morph and his friend Chas too.

Sad to hear Tony's passing. RIP Tony.

I loved his programmmes when I was younger. All the artwork and the little noises from the plasticine models -yes Morph was a character.

Remember Vision On a whole lot, and was an avid viewer of all of his programmes.

He will be missed. :-C

a sad loss, his enthusiasm for art was infectious and he was definitely an inspiration for me when I started scribbling.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back