Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Saturday 25th November 2017, 09:22   #1
Calalp
Bjrn Bergenholtz

Hagmann's (Glossy) Antshrike

Still cleaning up my desk, so heres a minor (maybe insignificant) question on a Dr. Hagmann supposedly commemorated in ...

hagmanni as in:
the invalid "Saskephorus [sic] hagmanni" MIRANDA-RIBEIRO 1927 (full OD unseen by me, only as Snippet view, here and here) [Syn. Sakesphorus luctuosus LICHTENSTEIN 1823]

= most likely the Swiss ornithologist, zoologist and botanist Dr. (phil.) Gottfried Hagmann (18741946), for many years at the Brazilian Insitution Museo Paraense Emilio Goeldi a k a Godofredo Hagmann alt. Lus Godofredo Hagmann (in Portuguese speaking Brazil) whose full true name probably (!?) was Gottfried Ludwig Hagmann alt. the opposite way around; Ludwig Gottfried Hagmann.

No birth date found ... but he died in Belm, 29th of May 1946.

Anyone know the origin of the "A." as in his alleged name "Gottfried A. Hagmann" alt. "Godofredo A. Hagmann", as claimed by various sources?

Also compare with the following links; here, here, here and here.

The latter four links is (for me) somewhat hard to understand (in languages I do not master).

Anyone who does understand it all?

However: hes not to confuse with his father (and namesake; Gottfried Hagmann), first Director of the Zoological Gardens (Basel Zoo) in Basel, Switzerland, between 1875 until 1914. Maybe he was the "Gottfried A. Hagmann" ... ? Who knows?

Bjrn
Old Saturday 25th November 2017, 12:21   #2
Taphrospilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calalp View Post

However: hes not to confuse with his father (and namesake; Gottfried Hagmann), first Director of the Zoological Gardens (Basel Zoo) in Basel, Switzerland, between 1875 until 1914. Maybe he was the "Gottfried A. Hagmann" ... ? Who knows?
I would assume Hagmann, [Carl Gottfried] here is his father. I assume here and repeated here is simply a typo (or may derive from ltester Sohn (odest son) of Carl Gottfried Hagmann).

Last edited by Taphrospilus : Saturday 25th November 2017 at 12:32.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: