• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Through my Window......with a new camera! (1 Viewer)

Judo

Hi All,
As I said in another post, my camera has been sent for repair, I have been camera-less for almost 2 weeks! and I'm still unsure as to whether it can be repaired, as it's a Konika Minolta, and they have stopped doing cameras, so it all depends if they can get the part! (the battery compartment door has broken).......so......when a good offer came along, one too good to miss, I bought myself another! extravagant??........maybe! but it really was a good offer..........it was delivered on Friday, so yesterday I started practising with it. Now, yesterday, was chucking it down with rain all day here, so I thought if it can take reasonable photos in weather like this, I'll be pleased with it. Here are a few of the photos I took. They were taken through the window (as I said, it was raining too hard even to open the window! well, all but the one of the Moth, and that was taken late evening when the rain finally went off!!) Isn't it a beautiful Moth? I've never seen one before, and had to look it up on the 'net. I'm quite pleased with the way they turned out, what do you think??

Attachments

• 1)Baby Dunnock.JPG
    1)Baby Dunnock.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 2)Blackie juv..JPG
    2)Blackie juv..JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 3)Ring-a-ring-a-roses!.JPG
    3)Ring-a-ring-a-roses!.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 4)'Bebe'.JPG
    4)'Bebe'.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 5) Swallow -tailed Moth.JPG
    5) Swallow -tailed Moth.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 29
Hi Judo and so pleased to hear about your new camera. Some lovely photos you have there, but that Swallow tail is an absolute stunner! Lovely having that perfect background for it to stand out too. Congratulations on taking a perfect shot!!!

All the best for the other camera - IF you need it now!o:D

Sue

Hi Judo,
The battery cover must be an inherant fault with that make of camera,as mine went to, I was advised that the cost of repair outweighed the value of the camera.
Although I was a bit miffed at the time it worked out well, as I too have a new un, and looking at your pics, I'll bet you are pleased with yours to, happy clicking.
George

Hi Judo,
Just the job! :t:
The pics are very clear, & I absolutely love the Swallowtail Moth.
Brill Judo

Sorry everyone, to have taken so long to Thank you all for your kind replies, the reason being that I've been enjoying a visit from our Daughter & Son-in-Law who have been over from France. Still not heard anything about the camera repair, so I'm doubly glad I got the new one, I'm lost without a camera in my hand!!

The battery cover must be an inherant fault with that make of camera,as mine went to, I was advised that the cost of repair outweighed the value of the camera.
Although I was a bit miffed at the time it worked out well, as I too have a new un, and looking at your pics, I'll bet you are pleased with yours to, happy clicking.
George
It's interesting to hear that George, wonder if mine will have the same outcome? It was insured so I won't be out of pocket, Thank goodness!

I am very pleased with the new camera so far, and look forward to taking it out with me as soon as I'm able to go.
Thanks again to you All, for your lovely comments.

Hi Judo,

Blimey, ANOTHER that I've missed; glad I've caught up with it now.

Splendid photos Judo, it's not easy through the window as I know from experience.

That IS a splendid Moth, not seen one of those, another one to look out for (I'm getting desperate to see a Humming-Bird Moth).

Like the shot of the Blackie and Spadgers, I don't get that here; usually the other way round with 1 Spadger and 6-8 Blackies and no I haven't managed that one yet (but I'm trying).

I'm like you, I feel not properly dressed without my camera. You don't say what your new camera is ?

Bill

Hi Judo,

To say those pics were taken through the window and in heavey rain they are really good. I reckon you made the right decision there. The moth is a beauty. Well done!

Hi Judo.
Don't ask me how, but I can view pics again after a bit of fiddling and experimenting. Bearing in mind the conditions, and being through the window, you have produced some beauties there. Along with the others I will enthuse about the moth: it's a cracking pic. Forget the Minolta; you've got a belter there.

Baz.

Hi Bill, Roy & Baz,
Thanks for your kind comments Gentlemen, sorry it took me so long to reply to you, it's been a busy week-end!
Bill, the new camera is a Fuji Fine Pix S8000fd. No Humming-bird Moths here either Bill.
Roy, yeah, the camera's working out well so far.
Baz, glad you can view the pics again, what happened? gremlins in the system?
Just heard today from the repairer that the Minolta will be back with me tomorrow!! think Hubby will be having it, I'll stick with the Fuji!!
Thanks again Boys, My Best to you All,

Hi Judo.
There were no gremlins, just me being 'smart a...d'. I'll know better in future. I hope LOL!!
Good to hear that your Minolta is repaired: stick with your new one.

Baz.

Hi Judo,
Glad to hear you had your camera repaired, it's good have a spare one around.
But that's not the reason for this reply, it's that the coincidences go, on my new camera is a Fuji S 8000 fd. and like you i'm well chuffed with it.
George

Hi Baz, George & Val,
Well Baz, that'll teach you!! no messing about in future! LOL!! you know the old saying "If it ain't broke......"
George, Now that's what I call a coincidence!! Cue eerie music..... Another old saying: "Great minds think alike", ay George??
Val, thanks for the kind comments.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back