• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aww & Eek! in my garden! (1 Viewer)

pie

Ola!
These are my new garden visitors. Aww or eek? o:D

Attachments

• DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0026.JPG
    DSC_0026.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 32
not only would I say awww I would even go so far as to say WHOO HOOO!!! You're pictures are lovely and I am very envious of your spawk and GSW.We had three fox cubs in the garden last night. They had supper with the badger that came too. Far to past my bedtime to see but the daughter see them quite regularly.
Happy days
Rose

Well I'm green with envy. What fantastic visitors and equally fantastic pictures of them. :t:
I don't get the rarely seen GSWs to stay more than a few seconds, and never seen two! And your Sparrowhawk photo is marvellous Pie. Had a third visit from a Fox during the Springwatch season and felt as though Springwatch had come to my suburban garden. Grabbed the camera but the lens frightened it off rather quickly after I'd only managed a blurred vision through filthy windows. I didn't have time to write about things on here then, so I'll share my offering with you now while I have a few moments.

Attachments

• the quick brown fox.jpg
    the quick brown fox.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 20
Hi Pie Super Pics, wish we could see such a variety in our small patch. So far this year we are being overwhelmed with starlings counted 50 last night, they seem to have frightend our usual visitors away, more likely they have eaten all the avaliable food supplies up.

Good Birding PeterK

Super pics Pie.:t:
I love that Bullfinch and the GSW are a definite awwwww!
I'm not too happy with Foxes at the mo since our Stilt chick was taken by one!!!:C

Hi All,
Thank you for joining in the fun!

Ha! Rose, Whohoo it is! lol! It's the first time a Male S'hawk has visited, I was thrilled to catch a glimpse of his orange coat reflecting in the evening sun. Magic!

Thanks Ann, Pam, Nigel & Mabel, My garden visitors entertain me for hours. Is'nt it great to have something new to look at every day.

Aw Renee, I know the feeling, I have seen my fox twice in three years! I put food out at night but never see them. Both sightings have been a lucky fluke!
Well captured Renee.

Peter, funnily enough, today was my busiest Starling day, I also had a sudden influx, mostly juvs. I was surprised how feisty the GSW was as she defended her territory! She won! lol!

Ruth, Oh no! naughty fox! I guess he is definitely in the Eek category! I am sorry Ruth, the natural world can be cruel sometimes.
On the up side, The Bullfinches are a lovely welcomed visitor. I often get them & it's a treat every time they re-visit.

Thank you all for your kind comments.
x

Some special visitors there Pie, a real wildlife garden. I bet you are really chuffed. I'd sit for a long time to try and capture those woodies. Foxes are beggars like Ruth says. They are taking Tern chicks from a spot in Beadnell Bay I visited on Monday. Live and let live though, I'd love one in my garden. Nice to see your pics.

Look who was on my drive today. Just a youngster.
ps I think it's the best bird picture I have managed so far- because I could get so close.

Attachments

• IMG_0659cr.jpg
    IMG_0659cr.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 17
Some special visitors there Pie, a real wildlife garden. I bet you are really chuffed. I'd sit for a long time to try and capture those woodies. Foxes are beggars like Ruth says. They are taking Tern chicks from a spot in Beadnell Bay I visited on Monday. Live and let live though, I'd love one in my garden. Nice to see your pics.

Hi Roy,
It looks like I have a second family of GSW in the garden today. I heard a right ole rumpus first thing & noticed 2 females fighting at the feeders! :eek!: The boys were staying well back & watching them in the nearby trees! I'm going to set up camp & see if I can get some action shots.
I'm sorry about the Tern chicks, but like you say, thats life I suppose.
Thanks for your comments Roy

Look who was on my drive today. Just a youngster.
ps I think it's the best bird picture I have managed so far- because I could get so close.

Hiya Dampflippers,
Aww, Thats a lovely shot of one of my favourite song birds. As Bill Oddie says "if you hear a beautiful song & not sure of the id, it's guaranteed to be a G'Tit"
Thanks for your contribution Dampflippers.

pie, you are one Lucky so-and-so!! and I am absolutely GREEN with envy!! Had a Male S'Hawk meself for the first time a short while ago, the female has been a regular visitor over the years, but how I'd just Love to see a Bullfinch in my garden!! Any going spare??

Hi Pie.
I've just viewed your pics having regained the ability to do so, and all I can say while turning greener by the minute, LOL!! is well done, and lucky you.

Baz.

Hi Judo & Baz,
At last I have managed to capture the m&f Bullfinches together. Sorry Judo, but I only have one pair at the mo! lol!

I noticed a bedraggled looking Nuthatch has arrived in the garden. I hope he is ok, he looks pale.

Out of interest, any idea what my fungus is? I have a good Collins id book, but the upturned edge doesnt seem to fit the cap family.

Thank you for joining in both, glad your gremlins have gone Baz! :t:

Attachments

• DSC_0014.JPG
    DSC_0014.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 14
What a gorgeous pair of birds, how I'd love them in my garden!!!I'm really sick with envy now pie!! you really like to rub our noses in it don't you?? LOL! Love the Nuthatch too.
Great photos pie.
Sorry can't help with the fungi.

Hello there everyone

Sorry that I have been off the scene for a while, the quick disappearing act and the likes - hand operation was needed here, so I am saying hello again, and I hope has been well with everyone in my absence ;) :-O

Pie: What lovely Bullfinches and I have to say my OH is green with envy as they are his favourite birds.

As for the Nuthatch, and the Spawk what fabulous pictures to get a hold of. I would love to see a Nuthatch on my Peanut feeder anyday.

The GS Woodies are so sweet. As a matter of fact everyones pictures are super, and I loved sharing them a lot.

Kathy
x

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back