• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray Binoculars Giveaways. Ultimate Prize: two pairs of PRIME HD binoculars (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would try a dodgy poem.....

There was a young man from Essex
Who did not take a trip down to Jessops
In the hope that one day
A kind man from Zen-Ray
Would give him some bins, these posts just mere dress-ups

I certainly wouldn't say that you are being an ****** - I hope you manage to win a set - we all know the rules and we all have to choose how we play by them :t:

Here's my take on it. I would have much preferred to have this contest run on one vote each. Give it a week to let everyone enter and then draw from that pool. Let's face it, most of us would be delighted to win, want to win and want to give ourselves the best chance to win. Some here can't spring for top end binocs at this time and would love the experience of having some.

But there's the embarrassment of appearing too greedy about it. So the then you have to think about what amount of posting won't look to needy or greedy and try to strike that balance. For me that's not a comfortable position to be in and blah blah blah.

But I didn't make the rule and they did with the intent that we would keep on posting to win. So I say go for it. Post once every five minutes if you want and I certainly won't think the lesser of anyone who does it. Maybe you'll win and appreciate those bins more than I every would.

So best of luck to every one including me. :t:

Hi Charles

Just did an alphabet letter check on my bin makes and although i do have Zeiss which sit at the end alphabet wise if i win a pair of the Zen Ray then they will become the last pair so here's hoping !!

Regards
RichT

Here's my take on it. I would have much preferred to have this contest run on one vote each. Give it a week to let everyone enter and then draw from that pool. Let's face it, most of us would be delighted to win, want to win and want to give ourselves the best chance to win. Some here can't spring for top end binocs at this time and would love the experience of having some.

But there's the embarrassment of appearing too greedy about it. So the then you have to think about what amount of posting won't look to needy or greedy and try to strike that balance. For me that's not a comfortable position to be in and blah blah blah.

But I didn't make the rule and they did with the intent that we would keep on posting to win. So I say go for it. Post once every five minutes if you want and I certainly won't think the lesser of anyone who does it. Maybe you'll win and appreciate those bins more than I every would.

So best of luck to every one including me. :t:

Agree with all the above - a very clever bit of marketing me thinks (having a thread near the top of today's posts all the time, while the competition is on, with Zen-Ray in the title) in the process of making some people happy.

Good luck all.

...But there's the embarrassment of appearing too greedy about it...

Well, I think to be greedy you have to own a bunch of binoculars and/or have the means to get them, and then post a lot.

Could you blame for example a young student, a person on early retirement or something like that for being greedy, when some of the just one time posters own a couple of alphas.

This isn't about being fair: -it's a marketing thing, and a clever one too!

There once was a man viewing Paridae

Through his brand new Prime ED ZenRay

He gave them a peer,

Deemed them optically clear

And spent his day viewing … chicks ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back