• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Tailed Hawks in North Central Texas, USA (1 Viewer)

Nice shots, El Maestro. It's easy to get over-familiar with RTHs, but they can be beautiful.

(Looks like you live in a part of Texas that's had a Scottish footprint at some point.)

lockbreeze926 said:
Nice shots, El Maestro. It's easy to get over-familiar with RTHs, but they can be beautiful.

(Looks like you live in a part of Texas that's had a Scottish footprint at some point.)

I'm not sure how my hometown got its name but yes it is Scottish in origin. Thanks for commenting.

Nice shots! They seem to be very accomodating for you. Especially liked the 2nd bird in flight shot.

Lisa W said:
Nice shots! They seem to be very accomodating for you. Especially liked the 2nd bird in flight shot.

This particular time, I am pretty sure that the perched Red Tail was eyeing some prey so she put up with me until I just got too close. Most times, they take off rather quickly.

Thanks for commenting.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back