• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Christmas ROBIN X Factor (1 Viewer)

finally!

Love the Yellow Robin Dave, I did originally google 'robins' but there were so many species but of course should be included B :)

Working non stop up until yesterday (which was spent shopping and cleaning!) but I've had a regular Robin for a few weeks but too busy to sketch .... and it wasn't doing anything particularly inspiring anyway - then this morning it landed on my Budlia stump with the Photinia fraseri behind it which is also known as a 'Red Robin' plant. It made a strong image and would probably make a good painting but again, very rushed today and about to get a train so only time for a quick sketch this morning - but at least I made it!!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE and a thanks for a stunning and eclectic range of Christmas Robins!

Attachments

• RED ON RED.JPG
    RED ON RED.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 63
Love the Yellow Robin Dave, I did originally google 'robins' but there were so many species but of course should be included B :)

Have to agree with Deborah, and everyone else, on Dave's Yellow Robin. And also for Deborah's quick robin. Glad you were able to get one in before the deadline Deborah!

I've been greatly enjoying everyone's work here - great idea for a topical thread, Deborah! Unfortunately I have waited in vain for an American Robin to show up as a subject. We usually see at least some all year round, but they've been completely absent this winter around our area. So...my contribution is a couple of Varied Thrush sketches. I figured that since the robin is in the thrush family, and a Varied Thrush has orange coloration as well (though my sketches are only in graphite) that this would be close enough. I just posted one page (A4 moleskine) of five here - the rest are in my regular art thread if anyone is interested.

Have a very happy new year, everyone!

103-0708-PAN-VATHforDecSB-WS.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back