• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are You A Binoholic ???? (1 Viewer)

"Those ED Zeiss's and wide field Swaro's
They'll drive you crazy, they'll drive you insane!

Once I was happy and I had a good wife!
I had enough money to last me my life!
Then I met Sancho and old Frankie D. We went on a spree
And they taught me of e-bay where nothing is free.

Bins are a curse on the whole human race!
A man is a monkey with one in his face!

Now I am broken and weary with age,
The lines on my face make a well written page.
Write this on my headstone, write this on my grave:
"To Porros and Roofs this man was a slave."

Apologies to Red Ingle.

Bob

Actually the answer to the thread question is simple, and it´s from Alice in Wonderland. When she asks the Cheshire Cat which way she ought to go, he says that in one direction she´ll encounter mad people. "But I don´t want to go among mad people", she replies. He tells here that she must be mad, or she wouldn´t be here. What I´m trying to get at is that if one weren´t a binoholic, one wouldn´t be on this thread. Knowhaddeyemean?

Oh dear. You've all been rumbled. You can't argue with that point.

I, on the other hand, am on these forums researching obsessive behaviour for a PHD in Psychology. :scribe:
I'm not really interested in optical equipmant at all.

Wow!!! Alot I didn't even know existed! When did you start aquiring? I'am very impressed, never seen a collection quite like it!!! Bryce.

I started collecting a few years ago, I wanted a good pair of binoculars. It started with a pair of Kronos 16x50's and then a pair of Zeiss 10x50 then some Kershaws then...........

I started collecting a few years ago, I wanted a good pair of binoculars. It started with a pair of Kronos 16x50's and then a pair of Zeiss 10x50 then some Kershaws then...........

Nice pictures.... I see you are not a big fan of the ROOFS ..... Gwen

I have informed my wife that I truly do not have a problem, I showed her these collections and now I dont have to seek out BA meetings!!! Thanks guy's. ;) Bryce...

I´m stunned by those collections, Simon and Gary. Truly beautiful. I would really, really love a pair of those Kershaws, to wear around town, like the guys in "Japanese Binocular Football" (google it if you haven´t seen it, it´s on Youtube). But here´s a question, for Simon and Gary....my wife complains about my eight pairs of binoculars "taking up so much room" (actually they´re in a cupboard, and three of them are compacts!). Where do you guys keep collections of over 400 pairs?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back