• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown Fungi, fairy ring diameter about 7 m (1 Viewer)

milanjov

Balinović, Valjevo, Serbia, about 500 m above sea level, pasture. December 31st, 2017.

Old specimens, cap diameters up to about 15 cm. Forming a fairy ring with diameter about 7 m.

Could it be Agaricus arvensis?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 17
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 24
Zdravo Milanjov,

No, I don't think this can be any Agaricus because of the pale gill colour.

I think that it could be Volvopluteus (=Volvariella) gloiocephala because of the habitat, size and pinkish, free gills. This species develops from a sac-like volva and it would be nice to see that to confirm the ID.

Cheers,
Nick

Zdravo Nick and thanks! Very helpful, as always!

That seems to be a very good match. Don't recall seeing the volva, but I didn't check that at all. Will know better next time.

Cheers,

Milan

Hi Milan,

I certainly wouldn't rule it out, but the gills are free from the stem in pic 3 and are quite dark for Lepista (though both these features could be caused by over maturity).

Cheers,
Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back