• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Compact camera with good macro (1 Viewer)

Birding Bob

Robert Williamson
Hi all

I’m looking at buying myself a new compact camera and I would like to get one with very good macro and as there are so many on the market I was wondering if any of you could recommended one? I would like in to be able to take pictures of micro moths, small orchid flowers etc…

cheers,

Robert

Hi Robert,
I use the Canon G11. It small enough to fit in your pocket, will take an external flash, shoots RAW files. It also has a flip out screen which is incredibley useful in the field.
Its resolution is fantastic, I've seen some amazing shots taken by better photographers than me. I have uploaded a pic of mine from the other day, not a great shot but you can see the detail it will produce. I have more shots if you would like to see any just let me know.
Best wishes
Ian

Attachments

• Caterpillar.JPG
    Caterpillar.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 289
As a rule you get what you pay for. My wife is very happy with her canon G9, a predecessor for the G11.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back