• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird pics:Which birds top your wish list? (1 Viewer)

To me it's not just about the bird, it's about the pose, too..

I'd love to have one of an Osprey as it rakes the water for a fish, or even just after when it pulls the fish up.

The typical 'kingfisher on a post' picture would be lovely, too.

And the Golden eagle soaring above.

If i was to get all of them, i'd be one happy guy! ;)

paul goode said:
Hi Max,

I'm sure that on one of your Norfolk trips you'll get a Barn Owl shot. I've managed it on my last 2 trips. Rubbish shots, but its a start.

Did you go for the Middleton Hall Firecrest? I think pretty well everyone got a shot of some sort, Brian Mcgough's is the best I've seen, mine's the worst!
Admittedly, its now impossible to say when the next opportunity will come along.

There's a Green Woodpecker that hangs around the Woodland hide at Whitacre Heath. Again a few people have got shots of it.

Hope that helps

Paul
Hi Paul,
The only Barn Owl I have ever seen was with you in that lay-by in Norfolk and then it was a long way off.I'll have a go when I go there again.Regarding the Firecrest I was the guy who missed out after visiting Middleton Hall one morning.It turned up not long after I gave up.

Max.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back