• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My humble garden (1 Viewer)

vanell

Hi everyone, just thought i'd let you know what ive seen in my garden this year since i'm pretty new.

The usual suspects: House sparrows, blackbirds, chaffinches, starlings, robins and dunnocks

Also:
a family of collared doves
garden and willow warblers
jackdaws
loads of greenfinches
goldfinches
great crested grebe*
blue, great and coal tits
wrens nesting
reed buntings... only in late autumn and early spring?
siskins (this year)
sparrowhawk
song thrush which i only seen once about 4 years ago?
and my gorgeous goldcrests

no squirrels thankfully and a few hedgehogs
i think thats all

*only kiddin! :eek!:

Wow! Great birds! I don't get goldfinches, ANY warblers (apart from one I saw once, and never again), goldcrests, jackdaws and surprisingly sparrowhawks! Got plenty of song thrushes though...

Lucky you. We have a pair of goldfinches now, feeding on the sunflower kernels. A neighbour had a fleeting visit from a peregrine falcon a few months back, though - what a shock.

Lucky you to get Garden Warbler. Despite the name, they're hardly usual garden birds! Amazing the places that Reed Buntings turn up too: even had one once in my garden when I lived in urban Bristol.

A similiar mix to mine. I was shocked to see the Grebe until I read your disclaimer. I thought the asterisk was going to refer to a fly over sighting.

Now I said that, you will probably be watching the skies! ;)

scampo said:
Lucky you. We have a pair of goldfinches now, feeding on the sunflower kernels. A neighbour had a fleeting visit from a peregrine falcon a few months back, though - what a shock.
Last time I saw Goldfinches was at North Berwick station in a hdge across from where I was sitting. I watched then while I was waiting for the train.

Euan Buchan said:
Last time I saw Goldfinches was at North Berwick station in a hdge across from where I was sitting. I watched then while I was waiting for the train.
They're a fine looking bird, Euan - I've never had them in the garden until this year. I'm tempted to put a nyger seed feeder in the garden to see if I can attract siskins this winter, now. We have two cats, though - and the garden birds know it!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back