• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whats that noise??? (1 Viewer)

JSims

I am pretty sure is guessing that birds dont typically make noise at night, right....? Well the last few nights after dark mostly (but 1 or 2 times during the night) I have been hearing this noise. It sounds like a duck almost, but different in a way and squaks maybe 4 to 6 times and then silent. I have heard racoons before (sounds like cats), but is this a bird, owl or maybe an animal, its weird. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you.

Hi, JSims, and a warm welcome to you from all of us on staff here at BirdForum!

I'm afraid I don't have a clue what could be making that sound, but perhaps some of our members from your region will see your query and have an answer for you. There are some birds that are noctural and will sing or call at night, but I don't know of one that "squawks" per se. I look forward to hopefully learning what this could be!

Thanks for the idea, parrot is a very interesting thought. This is the first year that I have had any feeders, 6 total, and a bat house, a parrot could be looking for food or something......I will keep you posted. The only thing that throws me off is that it's like a duck but a bit deeper from the throat, I will keep an eye out, have not heard anything for a day or so now, thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back