• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax 20x60 (1 Viewer)

I'm tired and didn't notice as I figured since the conversation was on a 60 objective, specifically the 20x60, my mind ignored the 20 objective in lieu of the 16 magnification. I paid around 50 clams for the 14x70 and I'm about bought out on glass though four should arrive this week.

Ho, Ho, Ho St. Nix is giving bins as soon as I figure out which ones work for me.

And it would appear that I have X-mas 2012 covered as well.

ETA: I found a review, naturally on CN from 03, on the new V model 16x60. A 3.75 EP is OK, but were it 14x60 it would bump it up to 4.28 and then of course the 14x70 is 5. Can't have everything, the prof sez magnification rules over objective/aperture in viewing night skies, yet in this day & age of affordable 70/80/100MM glass to ponder the mysteries of the universe I can still see the need for LW 14x60.

In the density rulez name game w/XD & HD already in use perhaps Pentax will claim dibs on DD and come out w/new line 16X62DD, because you like 'em a little bigger than most. This could be the coupe par excellence in heavy glass.

You could afford any of your desire. Yet, when you reach for the set for a close-up view you want to wrap your mitts around a pair of double D's. Pentax 16x62DD. Are you man enough to handle them?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back